Saturday 23 May 2009

Update on BLOB projects

It's been too long, loyal Blobs and Blobettes! I've been busy with various finals and flights to America. You know, the usual.

But now here I am again, with an update featuring my newest special technical device for stop-motion excellence. I don't have a picture of it with me, so that will be coming soon. In the meantime, I'll give you the lowdown on the background to this device.

I like to watch NHK World TV, according to Kay Kondor the 'most boring news channel ever', and when watching it the other day I saw a wonderful short paper-animation with very impressive depth of field; I thought, at first, that it was CG-assisted, but the intrepid animator explained his ingenuity: multiple layers of glass in a lightbox provided platforms on which to set his paper-animation layers; actual depth creates the illusion of depth in the animation.

So yesterday i created my own version, as backward and unsophisticated as it is, out of shoeboxes and plastic sheets. And, as far as I can tell, it's going to work perfectly. I'll have a photo or video up soon.

I also began a storyboard for a new Cloudman movie, called 'Cloudman and the Frozen Earth'. Rather than beginning again at the beginning of the Cloudman saga, I decided to skip ahead to right after I left off when I stopped actively drawing the comic series, after the 'Time King Saga'. I think this will be more interesting for me and get me actually to finish something Cloudman-related.

In the meantime, I still haven't typed up the completed script for BLOB 11: BLOB Family Reunion. Oh well...

See you soon!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment