Friday 1 May 2009

Firenze: an Inspiring Place

Yo, all:

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but I had a lengthy trip to Florence and Naples, where I saw incredible things and was generally crazy with my flatmate and my friend.  The good news is that I read the Argonautica of Apollonius Rhodius on the trip, and have now decided that I must someday make a movie of it.  Also, I've been inspired to create a new book/poem/comic/play series entitled Polygamy Honeymoon, which will be about a group of friends who have to pretend to be married, in order to get discounts on hotel rates, etc.  It will undoubtedly become a bestselling travel guide.

I had a wonderful time in Italy, and I was incredibly sad to be back in Edinburgh, to the point that I was yelling and moaning in the street all during the walk home from the train station.  I have barely eaten anything since my return, because the food here is generally disgusting, and I have been wearing shorts, even though it has been very cold.  I'm in denial, what can I say?  Ah well.  

I worked on my short story "Guardian Divel" today; in the part I'm currently writing, Raphael the Archangel has descended into Hell to tell Lucifer that he has to be a young boy's guardian angel.  This story has been lurking in my mind for a couple of years now, and I'm very excited that it's finally showing its face.

I also read what I had written a few weeks ago for a story called 'Ben Darvell, Brucolax', and I think that I shall go in a very different direction with it from now on, combining it with another story I had in mind.

Throughout all of this, I am keeping in mind that all of my inspiration and what skill I have comes from God; let all the glory for my stories go to Him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment