Tuesday 24 November 2009

Hag Lady Bobo: Search for a Body

It's currently 8:37 a.m., and I have yet to sleep one wink.  Why, you ask?  Well, knowing me as well as you do, you should know that the only thing that can keep me up past 7:00 a.m. is STOP-MOTION!!  I absolutely love the stuff, and once I start, I have some difficulty stopping.  Or stopping-motion, if you will.  What's that you say?  You won't?  Ah well.

Anyway, the stop-motion was for a new project I'm working on, called 'Hag Lady Bobo: Search for a Body', which bridges the narratorial gap between Hag Lady Bobo as seen in the Hero BLOB series and Hag Lady Bobo as seen in the Cloudman comic series.  It's really rather short, and was originally planned as part of the 'Hero BLOB 8: BLOB Uchuu Ocho' movie (which has stalled in development), but I needed to do something short, as I have a very short time before it must be finished.  

The movie is going to be projected on the wall at a launch party for a local art magazine called 'Yellerzine', whose first issue this year features part one of my comic series 'Broken Vessel'.  They wanted something animated to show on the wall, and I happen to have hands to animate with!  Admittedly, it's been rushed so far, and parts of it aren't my best stop-motion work (it's been well over a year since the last time I stop-motioned!), but it's shaping up, and Hag Lady Bobo's soul is terrifying.  I'll tell you all about it in a future post, and then I'll treat you to some exclusive preview photos, which will probably just confuse you.  Ah well, could be worse!  Your nose could be gushing blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment